Hiring Department: Marketing & Creative Services
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $45,000/annual, Full-Time, Benefitted, Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM, possible occasional Saturday
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The Office of Marketing & Creative Services (MCS) serves the strategic marketing and creative needs for UND, specifically for efforts related to recruitment, retention and brand/visual identity. The department’s mission is to help University programs, initiatives, students and the campus community as a whole be successful. The office’s core functions include:
- Create and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan to promote the University as defined by institutional mission, goals and priorities
- Collaborate with partners to provide marketing guidance and services to the campus community
- Build brand awareness for diverse audiences
- Increase awareness and participation in UND programs, services and amenities
- Assist in recruiting and retaining highly desirable students through creative output and partnerships
- Implement effective internal and external communication channels
- Ensure consistent use of University brand identity guidelines
The main goal of the department is to develop and execute a comprehensive, integrated and coordinated strategic marketing plan to tell the University of North Dakota story. The staff manage the University’s process for enhancing its brand and image to incoming and currently enrolled students, as well as developing and implementing proactive student-focused communication strategies that incorporate current and emerging tools and media.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Assist the Marketing & Creative Services team with the development of strategic branding, recruitment and retention activities, specifically those in geared toward recruiting new students.
- Lead, coordinate and implement effective integrated marketing strategies and tactics, based on enrollment and retention goals/data, timeline, budget, market research and return on investment.
- Serve as project manager for marketing-related activities by working closely with the MCS team and assigned portfolio of clients by:
- Identifying, developing and implementing effective marketing strategies
- Building brand awareness
- Increasing awareness and participation in UND programs, services and amenities
- Implementing effective internal and external communication channels
- Translating strategic plan goals and learning outcomes into effective marketing strategies
- Ensuring consistency with University’s brand identity guidelines
- Work closely with the University Relations, Student Affairs and Academic Affairs leadership teams tomeet the recruitment, marketing, communication and public relations mission of the University of North Dakota.
- Knowledge of current best practices in higher education marketing and communications.
- Exceptional written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing integrated marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to market programs and events, with a preference for experience in marketing educational or service-oriented programs.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment with multiple projects and deadlines, including demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet multiple requests with short timelines.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to develop creative ideas and encourage creativity in others.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Ability to supervise employees and motivate a team to work together toward common goals.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Work with diverse mediums, including print, electronic, social networking, video and other emerging media.
- Ability to have grace under pressure and work efficiently under time constraints while producing high quality work.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing trends in today’s competitive environment, especially related to higher education.
- 3 years of progressively responsible marketing and communications experience.
- Experience working across diverse mediums, including print, electronic, social networking, video and other emerging media.
- Experience writing marketing copy for the media, print and/or the Web.
- Intermediate to advanced computer experience in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), design & production software, Internet, email and web research.
- Experience supervising (either directly or indirectly) the work of others.
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of criminal history background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience in market research techniques.
- Experience in marketing techniques for the Web.
- Familiarity with higher education marketing trends, strategies and tactics.
- Experience in marketing educational, human behavior or service-oriented programs.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.