Facility Maintenance Mechanic I - 1800000W
This position is responsible for assisting in maintaining the raw sunflower machinery, roasting machinery - including packaging lines, boilers, and air compressors, along with other duties pertaining to the operation and maintenance of raw and finished roasted snack plant. Job duties include preventative maintenance of equipment, troubleshooting, along with other projects as assigned to maintain a 24/7 operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly monitor the facilities boiler in accordance with state regulations.
- Perform maintenance as scheduled for all production equipment
- General facility upkeep such as repairing doors, walls, floors, ceilings and other related building duties.
- Organizes and maintains inventory of all supplies needed for facility maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring Process and Utility systems and equipment to ensure continuous efficient and reliable operations
- Helps develop departmental standard operating procedures and maintains GMP and non-GMP equipment history files to develop preventative and predictive maintenance programs and procedures to reduce mechanical downtime and to ensure that breakdown and repairs are minimized.
- Comply with all Health and Safety programs adhering to all Quality Assurance System guidelines
- Participates in off-hours emergency coverage, as needed
- Performs scheduled and corrective maintenance of complex equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance with quality system procedures related to the Facility equipment and general day to day operations including documentation accuracy
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor
1st class boilers license for high-pressure systems
Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent education and/or experience required
Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in equipment maintenance work with other trades (mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing) for job continuity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop math.
- Knowledge of High-Pressure Boiler Systems & HVAC Systems
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Occasionally sit, frequently stand, walk, and use hands Frequently reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch, or crawl. Frequently talk or listen. Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds. Occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Frequently work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally work in high places, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). Moderate noise is typical for the work environment of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location: US-MN-Crookston Facility
Work Locations: Crookston Facility 1220 Sunflower Street Crookston 56716
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard