Evening Facilities Supervisor
Full-time position. Salary/Wage: $55,000 per year. 8 hours/day (primarily 2nd Shift), 261 days/year
JOB GOAL: The Evening Facilities Supervisor works under the direction of the Assistant Director of Operations and with other district staff to insure that the integrity and safety of the facilities is maintained at a high level.
1. Assist in developing and implementing a schedule of repairs for all school facilities and equipment. Assist in determining repairs vs. replacement, in-house vs. contractor repair and budgeting decisions.
2. Assist in developing and implementing work schedules which will maximize productive staff hours and minimize interruptions with school programs and activities.
3. Regularly visits and inspects buildings in order to monitor the general effectiveness of custodial staff and programs.
4. Assist in identifying mechanical, electrical, and structural failures of buildings and equipment.
5. Maintains a complete inventory of building and grounds equipment, supplies and parts.
6. Keep the Assistant Director of Operations informed of maintenance and cleaning programs performance and recommends new/improved programs and procedures which will improve building and ground maintenance service.
7. Monitors outside contractor work to insure conformance with approved plans, specifications and standards.
8. Orientates and trains district personnel on work methods, procedures, and equipment use as well as applications of supplies.
9. Assist in the process of selection of personnel as it relates to job placement.
10. Assist in the evaluation of all custodial building level staff.
11. Orders materials as needed and makes recommendations of supplies and equipment for purchase.
12. Assist in conducting a continued analysis of systems and procedures.
13. In the absence of the Facilities and Grounds Program Supervisor reviews and approves timesheets for maintenance and custodial staff.
14. Assist in overseeing the safety of custodial staff and conducts environmental safety inspections.
15. Provides direct supervision to evening custodial building level staff.
16. Provides assistance to evening custodial building level staff related to daily and extracurricular activity.
17. Makes emergency contacts as needed to deal with evening facility emergencies.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Operations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This work regularly requires sitting, standing, walking, speaking, hearing, occasional pushing, pulling, lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; work may require preparing and analyzing written or computer data, and observing general surroundings and activities; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. school cafeteria/playground/passageways).
Assistant Director Operations/Facilities and Grounds Program Supervisor.
1. Holds valid certification or license for all areas of position that may require it.
2. Holds a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License.
3. Has a minimum of three year experience in supervisory capacity in the area of Facilities and Grounds.
4. Possess an understanding of the trade skills necessary to carry out the essential functions of the position.
Click on Apply for a complete job description and to apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Hudson School District is an equal opportunity employer. The School District does not discriminate against any person based on age, color, disability, marital status, membership in the National Guard or reserves, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex (unless it is bona fide occupational qualification), or sexual orientation.