Accounts Receivable Representative
This individual will be responsible for offering superior service to our customers and field staff. In addition, this individual will be accountable for collecting the receivables on an assigned territory.
Specific Duties Include:
• Contact customers regarding past due collection activity, identify cash flow issues and/or declining payment performance, establish timeframes to secure payment promise, escalate cash flow issues, document discussions and timely follow up.
• Produce a minimum of 32 outbound contacts daily on a monthly average by using telephone calls, emails, and letters as the means. Record contacts accurately within the PFW system.
• Actively participates in daily inbound phone activity originated by customers, store personnel, and parties who contact the department. Record inbound activity accurately within the PFW system
• Manage and coordinate monthly calls with field staff, credit and manager
• Make credit authorization decisions using the information and authority levels given
• Complete accounting adjustments in an accurate and timely manner
• Assist customers with questions regarding accounts
• Provide input and recommendations for solutions regarding customers issues by assisting field staff with questions pertaining to credit and collections
• Perform miscellaneous duties, backup of peers, participate in AR process improvement projects and other AR related project activity as assigned by manager.
• Assist other department personnel as needed
• Participate in any and all appropriate training
• Follow all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Follow and support RDO Equipment's 5 Core Values
• Represent RDO Equipment Co. in a professional manner at all times.
• Attend required company meetings and participate in constructive discussion.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Minimum 2 years collection experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional telephone etiquette
• Basic knowledge of Accounting
• Ability to excel in team environment
• Self-motivated to follow through and not be deterred by uncertainty
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel
• Detail orientated
• Problem solving and analytical skills
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.