The Operations Accountant will provide support to the accounting department by managing daily accounting tasks. This role will part of a team of professionals working to provide accurate, timely financial reporting of the Company's financial results. Processing equipment sales, reporting to our manufacturing partners, calculating commissions and providing various financial support to our stores are a large part of the operations accountant day-to-day work cycle. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the accounting department to provide accurate, timely financial reporting to our stakeholders.
Specific Duties Include:
• Performs daily and monthly duties such as:
• Machinery/Equipment sales cycle
• Sales commissions
• Subledger maintenance
• Manufacturer statement reconciliations
• Manufacturer incentive tracking and recording
• Assists in month-end closing
• Exemplifies team work and camaraderie.
• Identifies and reports accounting related issues to appropriate management.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing of financial information.
• Works with department managers and other store personnel on a daily basis providing accounting support.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• A degree in accounting or the equivalent work experience required
• Ability to work comfortably with numbers with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Team player
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel on average 1 - 2 weeks per year
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.