Accounts Payable Clerk- Moorhead, MN
Jump in and learn!
Benefits Start on your first day!
The purpose of this position is to process vendor invoices to ensure accurate and timely payment while monitoringopen items using multiple reports and troubleshootingissues. The Accounts Payable Clerk will also imagedocuments to provide a complete record of all transactions.
The principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sets up and maintains the Finance portion of the vendor master for SSI, USC, MAC, ACSC, and ProGold) making changes as necessary.
- Processes (including imaging) ACS corporate and factory vendor invoices and check requests to ensure accurate and timely payment. Ensures that all cash discount terms are met. Reviews sales and use tax information to ensure proper application of tax regulations. Resolves system related issues, e.g., purchasing, materials and/or service receipts.
- Accountable for the A/P function at assigned factories including maintaining the workflow process for factory cost center managers and providing technical support to users on approving invoices. This position is the primary contact for solving problems for assigned factory(ies).
- Verifies expense reports to ensure compliance with company policy. Verifies computations, receipts, appropriate approvals and account distribution.
- Processes payment runs for checks, ACH and Credit Card, pulling/printing payment documents and support for payments. Prints ERS Report to attach to payments.
- Completes year-end processing.
- Assists in the compilation and verification of 1099 information for Board members and vendors not incorporated.
- Investigates and resolves unusual or questionable invoices.
- Reviews and reconciles vendor statements for errors or problems that may have developed. Resolves issues as appropriate.
- Answers vendor and employee questions concerning payments or status of invoices, and runs queries including the retrieval of images when requested on account activity.
- Makes necessary corrections to account distribution and vendor history to ensure accurate records.
- Determines proper tax to be paid or accrued and monitors tax reports to ensure they are correct.
- Reconciles RNI report to ensure accurate reporting of liabilities.
- Works with storerooms to determine what to reference on receipts so that payments can be applied correctly and errors can be resolved.
- Completion of a two-year accounting or business degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous general accounting or accounts payable experience with a computerized system.
- General knowledge of accounting and computer systems, such as SAP, and an understanding of the accounts payable process.
- Ability to handle outside telephone calls and respond to the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Organization and prioritizing of tasks is important.