Bookkeeper & Pricing (Backup) - Full-Time - Village West - Hornbacher's
Job Title: Bookkeeper (Job Code #002376)
Reports To: Store Director, Assistant Store Director
Typical Start Time: 4AM-NOON (Shifts Vary)
Position is Full-Time. Bookkeeper that also assists in Pricing Department
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to perform daily store accounting procedures, provide accurate and timely reporting of the store's cash flow, and ensures proper security and confidentiality of personnel files.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Perform daily store accounting procedures
- Balance and reconcile all cashier reports used to reconcile with drawer and communicate with management regarding over/shorts
- Perform check encoding
- Ensure adequate amounts of change on hand in store and follows procedure in ordering and receiving change
- Follow procedure for bank deposits and security service pick ups
- Follow procedure for reporting store accounting date (sales, deposits, safe cash, etc.)
- Follow procedure for handling cash and checks for accountability and security
- Verify daily safe count with designated store management
- Follow procedure for terminating day's business and beginning of new reporting period, including entering and transmitting sales and deposit information to corporate office
- Properly handle in-store customer charges
- Follow procedure for coupon handling and shipment
- Notify store management of any bookkeeping discrepancies or procedural changes
Conduct security procedures for store bookkeeping office, information and contents
- Maintain safe, cash drawers, pouches, and locks on all doors for proper security
- Maintain confidentiality regarding sales, mix ratios, and cash on hand
- Ensure proper authorization for admittance to security areas
- Ensure only authorized personnel from security service pick up cash deposits
- Report discrepancies to appropriate management
- Physical: lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs., equipment operation (computer, coin machine, check encoder, check endorser, calculator, safe, cash register, fax machine, telephone, cash drawer, keys, locks), sitting, standing, and turning, climbing stairs, squatting, stooping/bending, and walking
- Mental: judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, memorization, reading, writing and math
Commitment to excellence
- Fact-checking your work daily
- Actively seeking new ways of working to improve productivity
- Developing existing competencies to a higher level
- Seeking out learning opportunities to facilitate growth
- Ability to analyze multiple processes and systems simultaneously
- Identifying industry trends and developments in advance of planning
- Define expectation to other members of the team
- Work with management with any issues that arise
- Successfully addressing key concerns and presenting mutually beneficial solutions
- Structuring ideas clearly
- Analyzing data and information to make considered decisions
- Ability to prioritize different business needs
- Ability to identify possible problems or stumbling blocks
- Identifying inconsistencies in data and information
- Ability to identify the cause and effects of issues
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Taking ownership of your work
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior bookkeeping experience
- Retail experience preferred
*Must be able to work a variety of shifts; including nights, weekends, & holidays.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we've been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.