Watch this video to learn more about more about working at J Rettenmaier US.
Packaging is responsible for packaging finished products as well as assisting other departments as needed within the facility.
Compensation hourly; commensurate with experience (wage range has been established by HR)
Eligible for In-2-Win Performance Bonus Program
Eligible for all benefit programs
Standard Work Hours
This position generally works an eight-hour shift: Sunday evening through Friday 24/5. Occasional weekends or other shifts dependent on product demand (may change based upon business needs).
- Serves an active role in the plant safety program by attending safety meetings, participating in safety inspections and reporting any potential safety hazards to the safety committee or Plant Manager.
- Adheres to all BRC and food safety guidelines
- Follows SOP’s, GMP’s and remains in compliance with the HACCP program.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Cooperates with other shifts and the management team in housekeeping and weekly sanitations
- Ensure effective shift communication and teamwork with the other operators occurs each scheduled shift
- Maintain effective communication with all members of the facility
- Promote and contribute to the development of teamwork among production team members
- Assist in coaching and training employees as requested by the management team
- Must be detail oriented and operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Able to turn equipment on and set proper temperature for product being packaged based on the specifications given.
- Keep accurate production documentation and sanitation sheets maintaining sheets throughout the day and ensuring that they are turned in at end of shift.
- Basic equipment set-up, getting bags and labels
- Doing basic quality control checks to ensure a quality product is being run which includes checking for bad liners, weights and making adjustments accordingly and communicating with the dryer operator.
Minimum Job Requirements, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have negative pre-employment and/or subsequent drug/alcohol test results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Regularly attend work on time and as scheduled.
- Is knowledgeable of and complies with JRS USA LP’s handbook policies and procedures.
- Displays a positive and respectful demeanor at all times towards fellow coworkers and maintains a positive company image.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as work within a team environment. Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating with and assisting coworkers as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure, in stressful situations and with frequent interruptions.
- Adapts well to change.
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos..
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Utilize computer knowledge (email, Microsoft programs, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interactions and Tools/Equipment Utilized in the Job
- Forklift operation
- Packaging Equipment including bag sealer and bag filler
Benefits include, medical, dental and vision insurance, health insurance, short and long term disability and 401k.
Click Apply Today!