Human Resources Director
Forum Communications Company is looking to hire a senior level Human Resources Director. The Human Resources Director will be responsible for directing and coordinating all HR activities that will provide an employee oriented, high performance culture for the company. The Human Resources Director will oversee all HR and payroll initiatives and the day to day operation for union and non union employees in multiple locations in North Dakota, Minnesota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. This role will also oversee the development and implementation of HR and payroll policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all state, federal and corporate guidelines.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Directs and oversee the human resources/payroll department for 1,400 union and non-union employees in multiple states and locations.
- Lead company compliance with all existing governmental, labor laws, legal reporting requirements including the EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, COBRA, WC, OSHA, 401k compliance, and all other federal or state regulations pertaining to human resources and payroll.
- Develops, recommends and implements specific policies and procedures for the company to ensure standards and procedures are followed.
- Assist and provide advice to managers and employees on all issues related to HR to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Responsible for coordinating with brokers and vendors for all benefit programs to include, medical, dental, vision, disability, etc.
- Oversee workers compensation and safety program for the company.
- Ensures the company’s culture initiatives are followed while ensuring the company’s strategic goals are met.
- Responsible for Collective Bargaining Agreements and Chief Negotiator for the Company.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline process
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system and oversees training programs.
- Conduct investigations when there are are complaints or concerns brought forward.
- Monitors pay practices to help recruit and retain employees.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in human resources with supervisory experience.
- Experience with multi locations.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, detail oriented, PC literate and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of human resource laws, rules and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.