Vice President of Newspaper Operations
Forum Communications Company is hiring a full-time Vice President of Newspaper Operations to lead the newspaper division of FCC to create an environment that fosters innovation and continuous improvement for both print and digital. Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the company’s long range plan as well as daily operation of newspaper divisions.
- Financial review and benchmarking of newspaper operations.
- Work with leadership and department managers to develop strategic and operational plans that will result in growth for both revenue and audience.
- Encourage innovation across all levels of the organization.
- Manage the budget process for all newspaper locations and their departments.
- Provide visible leadership inside the company and also in the community. Develop strong relationships with other business stakeholders.
- Contract negotiation with Major Advertisers.
- Adapt quickly to changing business dynamics and communicate business strategies effectively to all levels and locations within the company.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a strategic thinker and team leader.
- Knowledge of newspaper/media news industry.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.
- Knowledge of supervisory and human resource practices.
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours without loss of quality.
- Ability to handle deadline stress and to work at a deadline pace when warranted. Flexibility is important.