Social Worker - Hospice and Home Health - with sign on bonus
SOCIAL WORKER - Home Health & Hospice...Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join CHI Health at Home. Experience the opportunity to provide compassionate, personalized care in the home. Our skilled staff improve lives by providing care for our patients wherever they call home.
You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Job Summary / Purpose
The social worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for social work services in the home health and hospice setting.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Assesses the psychosocial status of clients related to the client’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
2. Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
3. Maintains clinical records on all clients referred to social work.
4. Provides information and referral services to clients and families/caregivers regarding environmental needs and
5. Assures proper documentation of social services in clinical records in compliance with state, federal, and Joint Commission standards.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Graduate of a master’s program in social work accredited by the council on social work education or related bachelor’s degree. Licensed as a social worker in state of practice
Required Minimum Experience
One year’s experience in healthcare