Forum Communications Company seeks an energetic Layout Specialist to prepare materials and pages used to produce dozens of our award-winning newspapers across Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and South Dakota. FCC is based in Fargo, a vibrant and growing metropolitan area home to three universities and two major hospitals. The FCC building is located downtown, which has been recognized by dozens of major publications – including the New York Times, Newsweek and Men’s Health – as among the liveliest and most interesting scenes in America. Forum Communications is willing to consider locating this position to another FCC site. Primary responsibilities include:
- Place advertisements and classified ads using layout software
- Create and load newspaper pages for design
- Place ads before established deadlines and communicate with management if ads are missing.
- Check page separations and quality of ads before they go to press.
- Ensure print and ad quality of FCC papers
- Check and fix commercial print jobs.
- Tone images in the correct color scheme to be used in classifieds or obituaries.
- Meet multiple deadlines set up throughout the day.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Use of multiple software packages a plus, especially Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritizing tasks as needed to hit deadlines.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers and with employees of organization.
- Must be able to learn new software easily.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Employee must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.