The Daily Republic in Mitchell, SD is hiring a full-time District Manager responsible for overseeing the delivery and distribution of the newspaper. Other job duties include:
- Recruit, contract and train independent contractors and drivers for the delivery of the newspaper.
- Work with delivery schedules and distribution of newspapers to lay out size and delivery of routes.
- Deliver open or down routes, redeliver papers as required.
- Assist carriers in obtaining new subscribers.
- Maintain complaint levels to ensure acceptable delivery service.
- Work with customer service pertaining to complaints and inquiries from subscribers.
- One to two years related experience or training.
- Combination of education and experience may be used.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to do math to include, discounts, interest and commissions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well with others and follow instructions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.
- Must have the ability to become certified by the Department of Transportation.