Hiring Department: Facilities Management
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $25,000/ year, Full Time, Benefitted, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: 11 pm - 7 am effective August 19th shift will be 10:30 pm - 7 am; Subject to call-backs 24/7.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: The Full Position Description is attached to this posting in the bottom right had corner.
- Responsible for performing custodial work required for the cleaning, upkeep and maintenance of buildings.
- Moves furniture and equipment; collects waste, paper and recycling materials; performs other custodial duties as required.
- Scrubs, mops and sweeps floors and other surfaces; cleans, renovates and renews floor surface finishes.
- Washes windows, walls, and woodwork.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms in public and /or residential areas.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, and related furnishings.
- Sweeps and cleans walks, removes snow and generally assists in keeping outside premises in a clean and orderly condition.
- Locks and unlocks doors to offices and classrooms; provides security when buildings are not occupied.
- Collects waste, paper and other debris, including recycling materials.
- Reports minor and major maintenance and equipment issues to appropriate personnel.
- Reads and comprehends directions on labels for mixing chemicals safely.
- Will interact and communicate with students, faculty, staff, and co-workers.
- Will complete necessary training for this job classification.
- Will comprehend and follow directions.
- Will use sound decision making skiills.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of lifting, pulling, tugging, climbing, and kneeling without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds daily and frequently.
- Must be able to move 100 pounds with assistance occasionally.
- Must be able to work in buildings containing asbestos materials.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English well enough to perform the functions of the position; including reading and communicating in regards to work orders, safety instructions and chemical labels.
- A high school degree or GED OR directly related experience.
- Successful completion of
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Basic desktop computer experience.
- Experience with materials, equipment and methods used in the cleaning and upkeep of buildings.
- Experience with hotel/motel set-up experience.
- Valid driver's license
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.