Field Crew Surveyor
Survey Crew Chief or Rodman – Detroit Lakes, MN
Meadowland Surveying, Inc.
Meadowland Surveying, Inc., a private family-owned business located in Detroit Lakes, MN, is seeking a full-time Survey Crew Chief or Rodman who truly enjoys working outdoors to join our team. The Meadowland Surveying team is comprised of highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing excellent land services to our clients since 1946.
The primary purpose of the Survey Crew Chief or Rodman position is to assist in completing the crew's assigned field survey projects. The position requires good basic math skills related to surveying, good verbal and written communication skills and the motivation to follow instructions completely and accurately while working in rough terrain and inclement weather. Responsibilities include:
- Observe all safety guidelines and procedures, particularly when working around traffic or on active construction sites;
- Operate the survey total station and level instruments;
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey;
- Set up instruments and collect survey data; perform basic survey calculations;
- Maintain accurate records, files and field notes;
- Record survey data in field books;
- Maintain all survey equipment;
- Upload and download survey data using data collectors;
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2 years college a plus;
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record;
- Ability to stand and to walk long distances, reach, crouch, kneel, or crawl as well as lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds;
- Enjoy working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and environments;
- Ability to perform fundamental trigonometric and geometric survey computations;
- Familiarity with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, Data Collectors and Levels preferred;
- 2 years Survey Technician experience is desired;
- Familiar with the basic types of land surveying and terminology, and be knowledgeable about the field duties of a Survey Crew Chief or Rodman a plus;
- Prior computer skills with Carlson Survey, Microsoft Office, Leica Geosystems, Word and Excel is a plus.
Meadowland Surveying, Inc. is a family-owned professional land surveying company that has been surveying in Detroit Lakes and the northwestern Minnesota region since 1946. Meadowland Surveying, Inc. offers competitive wages, Simple IRA, health and dental insurance; paid holidays and paid time off. If you are interested in pursuing a land surveying career with Meadowland Surveying, Inc., contact Tiffiny at 218-847-4289 with any questions. Cover letters and resumes may be sent to Tiffiny at email@example.com Qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruiter calls not accepted.