Alton Grain Terminal, LLC is a leading shuttle train loading facility in the Red River Valley. Alton Grain Terminal, LLC purchases Wheat, Corn and Soybeans from local farmers and grain elevators. For more information about Alton Grain Terminal, LLC, visit our website at www.altonterminal.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily data entry of inbound and outbound grain for grain facilities.
- Process customer grain settlements as directed from grain merchandising staff.
- Wait on customers, answer phone, process mail and maintain adequate office supplies.
- Process grain shipment advances and settlements.
- Timely payment of rail and truck freight as well as applying for railroad incentive payments.
- Timely and accurate completion of financial statements on a monthly basis along with quarterly and year-end audits.
- Communicate with management and staff concerning financial statements providing appropriate detail for further review.
- Review current internal controls and implement approved procedures as needed.
- Reconcile inventory variances at Alton and Halstad, MN locations. Assure that proper procedures are followed and cutoff information is accurate.
- Assure that corporate income, sales, withholding tax, property tax and other governmental returns, tax payments and reports are filed on a timely basis.
- Review and maintain all required insurance and bonds for the company, employees and Board of Governors.
- Review and maintain the fixed assets ledger.
- Coordinate the cash management activities with principal bank.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers to trial balance on a monthly basis. Investigate differences and make corrections where necessary.
- Know payroll preparation process, including direct deposits, tax deposits, and tax forms, insurance, deductions, etc.
- Perform A/P and A/R processes.
- 2 - 5 years accounting experience or bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays, sick time & vacation days
- Profit sharing