Machinist I - $2500 Sign On Bonus
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market.
The high quality products we design, produce and service allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight.
Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
- Reads and interprets drawings, sketches, and blueprints and be able to interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Sets up and operates machine shop equipment, e.g., mills, lathes, drill presses, etc., to cut material and drill holes according to specifications.
- Inspects and measures completed projects with micrometers, calipers, verniers, etc., to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ability to use Coordinate Measuring Machines. (CMM)
- Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend related training courses.
- Should have a working knowledge of a wide variety of cutting tools such as but not limited to mills, drills, carbide inserts, and variety of tool steels.
- Ethics Familiarity with MP 9001 Quality Policy Manual
- Basic Blueprint Reading
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Shop Math / Metrology
- Certified Operator Program
- Continuous Improvement (TPM, Heijunka, Standard Work, SMED)
- Teamwork DMB (5S, EHS, FOD)
- Machine Shop Technology Degree preferred.
- Machine shop work experience is helpful.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.