The Jamestown Sun is hiring a full-time Mailroom Lead. This position will lead the daily mailroom operations by assisting in the assembly and preparation of newspapers for distribution. Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver newspapers to customers and dealers in a timely and courteous manner.
- Determine work procedures, assign work, and expedite workflow for Mailroom employees in absence of Mailroom Supervisor or Manager.
- Drive product to post office or other locations/customers/dealers as required.
- Work on floor conveyor lines, counting the units within a bundle.
- Repair bundles of printed matter and place/stack on pallets.
- Load various feed stations on the inserting machine. Occasionally insert by hand.
- Stack down/palletize products as they are run off the press.
- Prepare minimum bundle sizes and bag mail.
- Count and top bundles on conveyor lines.
- Occasionally responsible for housekeeping duties.
- Abide by all OSHA regulations and the lockout/tagout program, as well as other established company safety policies.
- Mechanical skills and computer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to other employees of the organization.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.