Metal Shop Certified Welder
Fabrication of production assemblies used in the production plant that meet the Company’s and PCI’s requirements a certified welder.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates fork lifts, welders, all shears and punches, drill presses, and band saws.
- Builds and sets up own jigs.
- Perform welding tasks that meet the welding requirements established by the Company and PCI.
- Ability to read basic blueprints.
- Knowledge/experience working with gas/acetylene torch.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb onto forms and trailer beds.
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read steel orders, blue prints, and be able to communicate with other members of the crew.
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift. (Wells Concrete will train).
- Be experienced in operating overhead crane-ways. (Wells Concrete will train).
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer beds (approximately waist high).
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS WORKING CONDITIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Welding certification preferred
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Work length is 8 hours with two 10-minute and one-30 minute break.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks
that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job
related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.