Digital News Producer/ Coordinator
Forum Communications Company is hiring a fulltime Digital News Producer/Coordinator. This position is responsible for coordinating and editing broadcast scripts and other non-newspaper content (ie, blogs, radio podcasts) for a digital subscriber audience, while finding new opportunities to maximize video presentation online. This person will work in conjunction with assignment editors, reporters and web teams in the newsrooms of WDAY/WDAZ-TV, The Forum and Grand Forks Herald to prepare and distribute content for our digital audiences. This person would serve as a point person for joint story coverage and promote digital initiatives in the newsrooms. Other responsibilities include:
- Edit and rewrite daily content for a digital audience.
- Distribute and share content to the appropriate sites and in style-specific formats, on deadline.
- Work with print and broadcast newsrooms to coordinate communication and joint story coverage, including breaking news.
- Upload content to TV and newspaper websites using a common content management system.
- Must have a journalism degree, or similar, from a four-year college and/ or the equivalent newsroom experience in a writing, editing or digital producer capacity.
- Must be able to edit copy under tight deadlines and follow prescribed style
- Demonstrate a commitment to increase online reporting and grow digital audience.
- Basic video editing knowledge
- Must be able to work evenings initially, and occasionally weekends and holidays.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with strong organizational skills and an eye for details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Follow best practices and ethics of responsible journalism.
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and with other staff.
- Able to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.