Human Resources Director
Forum Communications Company is looking to hire an engaging, people-focused Human Resources Director with a strong background in culture and talent development. The HR Director will be responsible for transforming the employee experience from recruitment and onboarding to day-to-day culture and will also oversee the implementation and refinement of HR and payroll initiatives for the company.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as primary culture champion for the organization, focused on implementing culture initiatives that will attract and retain high-performing talent.
- Transform employee recruitment, onboarding and talent development processes across multiple locations.
- Responsible for Collective Bargaining Agreements and Chief Negotiator for the Company.
- Develop, recommend and implement policies and procedures to ensure standards are followed.
- Assist and provide advice to managers and employees on all matters related to HR to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Direct and oversee the human resources/payroll department for 1,400 union and non-union employees in multiple states and locations.
- Lead company compliance with all existing governmental, labor laws, legal reporting requirements including the EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, COBRA, WC, OSHA, 401k compliance, and all other federal or state regulations pertaining to human resources and payroll.
- Coordinate with brokers and vendors for all benefit programs to include, medical, dental, vision, disability, etc.
- Oversee workers compensation and safety program for the company.
- Ensure the company’s culture initiatives are followed while ensuring the company’s strategic goals are met.
- Assist managers throughout company with workforce and performance management processes.
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system and oversee training programs.
- Monitor compensation practices to help recruit and retain employees.
- Oversee payroll processing
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Proven history of spearheading culture initiatives a must.
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in human resources with supervisory experience.
- Experience with multiple locations.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, detail oriented, PC literate and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of human resource laws, rules and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.