The Bemidji Pioneer is seeking a part-time news clerk to assist the newsroom in producing content for both the daily newspaper as well as multiple online formats. This person will work closely with the editor to write timely news items, including upcoming events, business and general interest news for The Pioneer and also The Blackduck American weekly newspaper. This person will also assist the newsroom on updating the main website for the Pioneer, as well as various social media formats. Some general assignment reporting may be developed.
This position is 20-plus hours a week with flexible scheduling.
- Receive assignments and produce accurate and clear copy for print and web.
- Contribute to the Pioneer website by planning online components for stories, writing online updates for immediate posting and composing additional online content as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned by Editor.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Accuracy and ability to write clean, crisp copy in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- News writing background preferred, but not required.
- Social media experience.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.