Vice President of Technology
Forum Communications is hiring a Vice President of Technology (VPOT) to oversee all technical aspects of the company. The VPOT works with the Executive Management team to grow the company through the use of technological resources. The VPOT will be responsible for strategic planning and delivery technological goals and projects. Using an active, practical and best-practices approach, the VPOT will direct all employees in IT and Development to attain the company’s strategic goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and leads all aspects of the company’s technological development.
- Direct the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as marketing, production, and operations as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Act as a good steward of Forum Communication Companies resources and ensures control of IT and Development departmental budgets.
- Utilize best-practice product and software engineering methodologies to manage various projects across multiple departments.
- Manage incoming requests – validity of requests, ability to execute within our contracted timeframe.
- Drive projects with responsible and accountable participants to meet project deadlines and customer demands.
- Ensure proper coordination and schedule updates with project participants.
- Ensure daily agile development sessions with team members to ensure tasks are progressing.
- Ensure written project update reports to the executive team and project stakeholders.
- Ensure customer requirements’ gathering with technical teams during implementations and beyond as necessary.
- Ensure proper management and prioritization of tasks and user stories.
- Reports on key metrics with management and technical teams of Software Engineering Quality Assurance and IT.
- Showcase product expertise as it relates to market trends, business needs and development strategies.
- Conduct market and customer research necessary to understand product needs.
- Work with Product Strategy on development roadmaps.
- Proactive membership and participation in Leadership Teams.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports.
- Manages and coordinates strategic direction for staff.
- Attracts, retains, develops, and motivates top talent.
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Additional ad-hoc assignments, as necessary.
- BS in related field and at least 15 years’ experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 10 years management and strategic experience in this field or MBA/MS in related field with 10 years experience, 7 of which must be managerial and strategic.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
- The ability to interact successfully in a cross-functional team setting is required.
- Knowledge of human resource/supervisory rules and policies.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.