Job Summary: Responsible for professionally promoting and increasing the sales of MESABI Heat Exchangers within a designated territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote and increase sales within the designated territory.
- Travel through a designated territory to promote, market and sell MESABI Products to as many prospective customers as possible.
- Provide Sales Manager with weekly updated sales projections, detailed weekly itinerary reports as to travel plans for the coming week.
- Provide expense and call reports to Sales Manager on a weekly basis to include details on what company was called on, who the rep met with and their title, a summary of the meeting and if action is required and by whom.
- Submit a monthly report to the Sales Manager to report on up-dates in territory, sales efforts and key issues related to increasing sales in that territory.
- Maintain phone contact with Sales Assistant and Sales Manager.
- Interface with Customer Service, Drafting, and Engineering as required to promote sales and assist with any service issues within assigned territory.
- Participate in monthly teleconference, report on territory sales efforts and provide information on new developments that may affect sales.
- Attend trade shows as required by the Sales Manager.
- Follow-up on all quotes provided by Customer Service and Engineering and report on their status.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Perform related work as required by supervisor.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Ability to travel and fly on a regular basis 75%.
- Results oriented competitive individual who can consistently meet personal objectives and team goals.
- Solid presentation and communication skills required along with the ability to effectively work and interface with other’s departments and groups.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written, clearly and effectively.
- Professionally present products to different levels of management and field operations.
- Use of electronic devices and communication tools needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DMV screen, physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
- Must be insurable.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of sales experience in a job related industrial field.
4-year college degree with 2 years of industrial or technical sale experience.
Knowledge of Ultimate Software, Epicor or similar ERP system
Experience in Lean Manufacturing.