Senior Project Manager
Join our Team Today!
As a member of the DSG’s IT leadership team, provides vision and leadership in the development and oversight of the company’s Office of Project Management. In addition, this position is responsible for overseeing and managing the delivery of all identified projects, spanning across DSG’s business units. This includes management of issues, risks, change requests, vendors, etc. to ensure on time and on budget project delivery.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver and demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Develop processes and tools for effectively managing projects.
- Directly manage enterprise projects including but not limited to: ERP, HRMS, Ecommerce, CRM, PIM, etc.
- Manage multiple key projects at once.
- Oversee entire project management process from project approval through project closeout.
- Create and manage budgets.
- Work with business units to define key metrics such as timelines, milestones, budget and project success.
- Identify resource needs and address resource concerns with applicable business unit.
- Schedule and lead project meetings.
- Develop and implement a project closeout process.
- Ability to work under tight timelines.
- Create a communication plan for project status and performance.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills a must.
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, IT, Business Administration, Business Management or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in project management, including five years of project management leadership experience.
- Experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall a plus
- Experience in the wholesale/distribution industry a plus.
- Ability to exercise leadership skills, initiative, judgment, and decision-making.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers, vendors and professional contacts.
- Proven ability to make difficult decisions to meet company goals and follow through and follow up as needed.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.