The Jamestown Sun is hiring a full-time News Reporter. Responsibilities include:
- Receives assignments and develops own ideas into relevant news content.
- Produces in-depth, engaging stories about specific issues affecting the local and regional community.
- Covers breaking news with urgency and accuracy with the goal of always being first to report important, accurate, developing news on our digital platforms
- Follows prescribed editorial style and format standards, for multiple platforms.
- Incorporates multimedia aspects such as video, audio, and photography in stories.
- Must have a journalism degree, or similar, from a four-year college of university. Recent journalism school graduates with internship, daily newspaper or college newspaper experience are encouraged to apply.
- Accuracy and ability to write clean, crisp copy in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Basic knowledge of video and photo editing.
- Knowledge of AP style, the Freedom of Information Act and libel laws.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to include computers.
- Ability to be flexible and work under pressure and deadlines.
- Must possess a reliable vehicle covered with acceptable insurance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that is insurable by the company.