Software Engineering Manager
Forum Communications is hiring a Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team. This is a leadership opportunity with a great local company that will help shape the future of the FCC digital product portfolio. The ideal candidate has a background in software engineering, leading software teams and implementing agile processes to drive consistent delivery of products that our customers want and need. This position will be at our downtown Fargo location just one block off Broadway.
- Lead and grow a team of software engineers responsible for the digital products of FCC.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical conversations and guide software engineers on technical decisions.
- Practical hands-on implementation experience with modern web technologies.
- Ability to manage external software vendors working in tandem with the internal teams.
- Experience delivering production quality software.
- Passion for problem solving and complex systems integration of web technologies.
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholder to build solutions.
- Financial management and budgeting experience.
- Experience implementing and practicing Agile or Scrum methodologies.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing a software engineering team and technology vendors.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university or equivalent experience.
- Creative and self-directed - you identify opportunities and bring solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you can present and sell your solutions.
- You can independently manage and organize your time.
- Ability to collect and analyze data for use in decision making.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.
Forum Communications Company is a multimedia news company with locations across ND, SD, MN and WI. We have over 1,400 employees that work towards a common goal, delivering quality products and information to our customers and viewers. We publish both print and online versions of our newspapers. We build dynamic websites, web applications and mobile apps. We own and operate television and radio stations. We offer agency services and advertising solutions.