Director of Product Management, Digital
Forum Communications Company is hiring a full-time Director of Product Management, Digital. In this role, you will create exceptional product experiences for Forum Communications customers across a portfolio of digital products. You’ll set the strategic direction for the digital experience that defines how our customers access timely and relevant content. You’ll collaborate with customers and business stakeholders to understand the market and build the digital product roadmap. This is a strategic leadership opportunity that will have a positive and measurable impact on area residents.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish, drive, and evolve the strategic direction for Forum Communications digital customer experience, including vision, strategy, roadmap and objectives, and in help aim the talents of product managers, designers, and engineers in the right direction.
- Lead, inspire, motivate, recruit, develop and grow, a team of product managers and product owners.
- Build strong partnerships with leaders across the company - including engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customer support to understand the market and the customer.
- Create intuitive and cohesive customer experiences.
- Shape Forum Communications approach to product development with an outward, forward-looking perspective that balances business goals, customer needs, and market context.
- Leverage insights from UX research, market research, a/b testing, and analytics to inform product decisions, from the strategic to the tactical.
- Serve as a public face for digital product development at Forum Communications.
What you’ll bring:
- Managing a product like a business.
- A strategic perspective and decision making.
- Bridge building skills to foster strong partnerships up, down, and across teams, functions, and departments.
- Experience creating clear, transparent, inclusive, and broadly understood approaches to iterative product development.
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal) that bring stakeholders along and bolster your decisions with focus and brevity.
- Modern digital products that strip away friction, deliver customer delight, and push our products forward.
- Seasoned organizational strategy on how to best structure a cross-functional product development group.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Business, Economics or a related field, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- At least 7 years of product management experience with 3+ years of team leadership experience.
- Background in business strategy, digital product development or product marketing.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing best practices in a product launch process/software development environment and delivering world class, large scale, performance critical software product projects on time, on budget and with quality for internal and external clients.
- Experience with agile development methodology and product ownership principles.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.