Community Based Coach (DSP)
PossAbilities provides socialization, recreation, life skill building and employment on-site and in the community using a person-centered approach for individuals with developmental disabilities from ages two through retirement in Olmsted County. We create opportunities to contribute to and connect with the community. PossAbilities is an AA/EEO employer.
COMMUNITY BASED JOB COACH (DSP) PROGRAM WITHOUT WALLS
For employees working 30 hours or more per week, PossAbilities offers:
– Health Care and Voluntary Dental
– Voluntary Long-Term-Disability
– Voluntary paid Short-Term-Disability
– Company paid Life Insurance
– Health Savings and Flex Spending
– 403 (b) retirement plan with 3% of salary match
– Four weeks of PTO annually
- Two year degree, or a Two year Certificate in Human Services or a Field related to work in the Developmental Disabilities field.
- One year work, volunteer, or life experience with persons with disabilities, or a combination of three (3) years education and experience
- Clean driving record and willingness to transport
- Ability to pass a background check
- Computer proficient in word processing/spreadsheets
- Ability to coordinate employment and life skill activities
- Must have positive, pleasant attitude and demeanor
- Must be reliable
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong sense of customer service
- The role of Employment Specialist PWoW position is to support participants who are fully integrated in the community with job skill development, work activities, to assist participants with achieving their desired outcomes, and developing reciprocal relationships within their community.
- Responsible for driving multiple agency vehicles to provide transportation as needed. Training provided.
- Facilitate and assist the participants, guardian and team in planning services and supports to be received from PossAbilities. Including scheduling and participation for new admissions, 45 day reviews, annual reviews and other intra- and inter – agency meetings.
- Assist participants with their meals and personal care.
- Full time, primarily day hours Monday-Friday
- Starting wage: $12.81-$14.58 (depending on qualifications)
For a rewarding career, please fill out an application below or send resume and cover letter to Gary Hach at PossAbilities main office, 1808 3rd Ave SE, Rochester, MN 55904 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be picked up at PossAbilities main office from 8am until 4pm.