Director of Advancement Services
The Director is responsible for supervision and management of all data mining, analytics and reporting for The College of St. Scholastica’s Office of College Advancement. The Director is also responsible for managing Advancement Services staff and overseeing major program areas including donor relations, prospect research and gift processing. This position reports to the Vice President for College Advancement.
• Manage Advancement Services staff and daily functions, including donor relations, prospect research, database management, gift processing, stewardship and special events.
• Oversee the Raiser’s Edge database and manage related systems, including data entry, data integrity, system access, system integration and daily use of the database for College Advancement. Serve as the lead advisor and coordinator with administrative staff for all matters pertaining to the database.
• Coordinate all donor and alumni reporting providing leadership, planning and technical expertise of database services.
• Design create, and maintain accurate and timely advancement reports and analyses for administration, senior leadership and development officers, including tracking relevant metrics and performance measures.
• Demonstrate commitment to inclusive excellence as an expression of the Benedictine values of the College of St. Scholastica.
• Manage gift policy development and approval. Direct and supervise all efforts related to the receiving, processing and receipting of all private gifts to the College.
• Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive donor stewardship program, including special events.
• Create a robust prospect research program to support major gift fundraising.
• Interface with vendors and College IT Department to ensure database functionality, processes and information is up-to-date and accurate.
• Serve as the Department liaison with the Business Office and respond to all accounting and finance-related inquiries.
• Participate in relevant College committees to represent the interests of College Advancement. Collaborate with campus-wide constituents to ensure best practices with data management and integrity.
• Create and implement a long-range plan for Advancement Services.
• Evaluate, implement and maintain College Advancement policies, procedures and documentation that are consistent with CASE standards.
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for College Advancement.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of college advancement experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Prior experience managing staff, including hiring, training/coaching, evaluation, and supervision.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
• Experience with database management.
• Knowledge of fundraising techniques as well as a strong working knowledge of IRS, FASB, and CASE regulations and reporting standards regarding charitable giving.
• Ability to design and direct complex and diversified projects.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a large volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS or related field preferred.
• Master’s Degree in related field.
• Four or more years experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management system.
• Experience in higher education advancement.
• Experience in the development of dashboards and complex Advancement reports.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Department/Discipline College Advancement Pay Rate Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Job Open Date 12/17/2018 Job Close Date 01/31/2019 Open Until Filled Yes