Forum Communications Printing in Duluth, MN is accepting applications for a part time Prepress Technician to prepare material used to produce the daily newspaper.
- Maintain operational condition of CTP platesetters, plate processors following manufacturer’s maintenance schedules.
- Prepare edition plans. Compose and send newspaper and commercial editions to imagers.
- Archive the editions that have been printed for online using Olive Software.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Must be familiar with Macintosh and PC computers, using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and QuarkXPress.
- Employee must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Occasionally required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.