Summer Intern - Wellness Center - Tea Ellis
Job Title: Summer Intern | Wellness Center - Tea Ellis | Sioux Falls
City: Sioux Falls
Department *: * Wellness Center - Sioux Falls
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics. Collaborates with departmental associates and management. Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention.;Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds. Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly.
While at the Wellness Center, the intern(s) will spend the first part of their internship shadowing our Member Access Program appointments (MAP), one-on-one and group training sessions, and shadowing/participating in land and water classes. The interns will also be writing programs for different exercise scenarios, working on projects, cleaning, designing workouts to co-teach, and eventually teach a variety of classes. Some other duties may include: learning the front desk role, helping in the Kid’s Zone area, teaching Kid’s fitness classes, and helping staff the gym areas.
• Program design
• Research an exercise topic given by the internship advisor and write a one page paper
• Weekly one-on-one mentor sessions with advisor to review the week and go over weekly assignments, monthly trainer meetings
• Shadow several MAP and group training sessions, shadow/participate in a variety of exercise classes.
• Daily cleaning of equipment, pick up gym towels and replace with clean towels
• After shadowing and proper instruction, the interns will teach a variety of exercise classes
• The interns will learn several roles such as the front desk, Kid’s Zone staff/teaching classes, and gyms so they are equipped to help in all areas of the Wellness Center.
• The interns should be able to make smart decisions or know who to contact should there be a medical emergency and be able to answer member questions to the best of their ability. (they will be properly trained for this at the start of their internship)
• Must be flexible to work a variety of scheduled hours
• Must have strong communication skills to work with members and other staff.
• Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or a related field or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors.
Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
City: Sioux Falls
Job Function: Student Services
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: WD01100