Lead Design Engineer
Watch this video to learn more about working at Buhler
Farm King is, a leading and growing manufacturer of farm equipment
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, perform the technical activities required to design and develop products for the Fargo Farm King Division. Primary products will be new designs of front-end loaders, loader mounts, loader accessories and other products being manufactured in the Fargo facility. Provide assistance as required to support sales, production, quality, purchasing, service and shipping. Assist other divisions on projects required. Provide leadership to the supporting members of the engineering team in Fargo, ND.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in meetings with Engineering, Marketing and Sales to assess the needs for new products, determine performance specifications and establish priorities and time frames
- Perform the required engineering calculations, research, cost estimation, etc. of each assigned project in order to complete them in accordance with established specifications and schedules.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering as required to optimize manufacturing processes, tooling requirements, make/buy decision making, labor and material cost estimates, etc.
- Provide product design-related information and assist in the resolution of complex manufacturing problems.
- Coordinate with purchasing to locate, investigate, and develop potential purchased component and system suppliers.
- Coordinate the construction and testing of prototype and pilot models and components, competitive models, quality control checkout, etc.
- Analyze engineering test data relating to current and new products. Make recommendations for improvements and cost reduction.
- Instruct and assist designers in the preparation of drawings, calculations and specifications.
- Prepare detail and layout drawings by use of computer-aid engineering tools (CAD); set up specifications and other pertinent design data for layout and detail drawings.
- Process Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and issue Engineering Change Notices (ECN), compile bill of materials and specifications as required to conform to engineering and product development disciplines.
- Integrate manufacturing processes and technology considerations into the product design process.
- Create all drawings, based on ANSI Y 14 and in AutoDesk Inventor
- Provide technical information and specifications required by purchasing, technical publication, service, etc.
- Prepare technical reports; write test specifications.
- Create and maintain product bill of materials using MAPICS
- Assist service and sales personnel with technical support
- Assist QA in maintaining tolerance, product quality, and troubleshooting.
- Provide DXF files as required to other divisions.
- Participate in trade shows to maintain awareness of trends and competition.
- Additional duties as required when requested by Engineering Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Eight (8) or more years of design experience
- Experience with agricultural equipment (farming background) is preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain and understand technical ideas and concepts
- Ability to understand and read blueprints
- Capable of managing multiple ongoing projects
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of computers and software (AS400, Microsoft Office®, AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD, etc.)
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Normal office environment
- Fast paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Sitting for long periods of time while working at computer
- Works in a well ventilated area
- Occasional work periods in shop
- Occasional visits to farms and other test sites
We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Click Apply to email your resume
mail to Buhler Industries Inc.
1330 43rd St. North
Fax to (701) 282-5865
Thank you for your interest;
however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.