NATURE OF WORK:
The City of Brainerd is currently accepting applications for a Marketing intern. Primary duties are to assist the City Administrator and IT Director with marketing related items, special projects, organizing and setting up events, and website design. May be asked to provide support across departments with marketing, organizational development, wellness program, and/or other areas as needed.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Comes up with ideas for and organizes outdoor events for Downtown Brainerd
- Assists with updating and maintaining the City’s websites
- Develop a 12-month social media calendar for all departments and write articles for the City Newsletter
- Assist with/coordinate wellness program activities.
- Assists with employee appreciation picnic planning
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary education pursuing a degree in marketing, communications or a closely-related field.
- Experience in web design and in using Microsoft Publisher
- Must be proficient in the use of computer equipment and software including word processing and web-based systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Effective Communication – both written and oral; excellent grammatical, spelling and proofreading
- Detail oriented, self-directed, and willing to take initiative
- Familiarity with leveraging social media as an effective marketing tool for promotion
- Problem solving ability and flexibility
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) for Web design
- An interest in local/municipal government.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT*: Salary is $12 per hour. This is an internship (temporary) position with flexible dates between mid-May through August. Work hours are generally 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with some required evening and weekend event assistance required for up to 40 hours per week (no overtime).
APPLICATIONS: We encourage applicants to submit applications online at the City of Brainerd website.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with the first review of applications to occur 3/8/2019.
Or contact: Kris Schubert, HR Coordinator
City of Brainerd, 501 Laurel Street, Brainerd MN 56401
Phone: (218) 828-2307 Fax: (218) 828-2316
THE CITY OF BRAINERD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
*Pursuant to MN Statute, seasonal assignments are limited to 67 working days per calendar year or 100 working days per calendar year if the employees are under the age of 22, are full-time students enrolled in a nonprofit or public educational institution prior to being hired by the employer, and have indicated, either in an application for employment or by being enrolled at an educational institution for the next academic year or term, an intention to continue as students during or after their temporary