Field Operations Manager
We are looking for an experienced Field Operations Manager that will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects simultaneously. This position will perform site visits on a regular basis, ensuring that timetables are on schedule and that all safety regulations are being followed. They will also be responsible for the project budget, cost, forecast, and schedule, change orders, and work authorizations. This position serves as liaison between the construction crews and owners. The Field Operations Manager assures the quality of the project, as well as manages the expectation of each owner.
The Field Operations Manager will be working primarily in North Dakota in are areas around Stanley, Tioga, Watford, Williston, and surrounding areas.
- Assure project abides by all environmental safety awareness and compliance
- Supports and furthers the company culture, values, key results and quality management of project resources staff, equipment, subcontractors.
- Provides day to day direction and oversight by coordinating with Superintendents/Foreman regarding schedules, labor, equipment, materials, subcontractors, suppliers, etc.
- Procure materials and supplies required for construction of the projects.
- Responsible for providing all contractual needs of the owner and any related party in regards to the project contract
- Review and approve project-related documentation and reports (timecards, invoices etc.)
- Create and maintain all key project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc. is being enforced.
- Facilitate and negotiate company position with “hard to resolve” customer requests
- Responsible for all QA/QC Management and documentation.
- Responsible for timely completion “punch out” and walk through items for project closure
- Degree in one of the following: Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and HCSS.
- 10+ years of experience with Underground utilities including water, sewer, and gas.
- Experience overseeing boring and directional drilling crew is a plus.
- Ability to fulfill project development to project closeout. Responsible for multiple complex projects.
- Ability to initiate and maintain business relationships – including working effectively with owners, engineers, co-workers, subcontractors, suppliers, and the public.
- Must be able to read construction contracts, subcontracts, and other construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, and maintenance.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and manage employees and subcontractors.
- Must Possess a Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
The pride of our company is our people. Their skills and dedication to safety, integrity, and quality have resulted in our success. At CCI, you will find challenging projects and smart people who provide a new level of thinking. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Very competitive pay with bonus potential
- Multiple health insurance plans to choose from, with company cost sharing.
- 401K Plan with company match.
- Paid time off
- Company paid housing
- Company Vehicle
For more information or to apply please visit us online at carstensencontracting.com. Also, you may email your resume to email@example.com.
Carstensen Contracting Inc.
800 E Quartzite St. Dell Rapids, SD 57022
Office: 605-221-5777 Fax: 605-221-5888
Carstensen Contracting Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free work place