Human Resources/Training Coordinator
Hiring Department: Facilities Management
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $35,000/year, benefited, full-time, non-exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm; Summer hours may vary.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central) on the closing date.
Qualified internal candidates will receive first consideration.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
Compliance and Training:
- Complete all required training of UND and Facilities Management.
- Assist with departmental compliance in the following areas: coordinate and track training.
- Coordinate and track safety training for students, temporary and full time staff in conjunction with the Environmental Health and Safety department.
- Work with the Department administrators to identify necessary trainings.
- Develop and implement FAMIS, basic computer and device training courses for all Facilities staff.
- Facilitate training delivery including setting up technology, building and room arrangements and other logistics.
- Follow all UND and Facilities Management policies and procedures.
- This position description is not all inclusive and other tasks may be assigned as necessary for business purposes.
Human Resources and Payroll Functions
- Assist HR Manager to identify open positions.
- Complete recruiting process and paperwork, obtain approvals.
- Schedule interviews for supervisors, set up new hire testing, and set up, organize, and conduct new hire orientation.
- Arrange start dates with supervisors and new staff.
- Coordinate the staffing of students (i.e. posting positions through JobX, setting up interviews for supervisors, arrange background checks as needed, complete hire paperwork, complete necessary termination requests).
- Audit temporary and student labor entries to ensure completion
- Assist with accurate completion of Job Data Changes, Position Change/Requests, Add/Reduce Pay forms, and Position funding forms as necessary.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for all full time benefited staff.
- Enter and approve all absences in TLAB for benefited staff
- Enter and approve missed punches for temporary staff as needed.
- Provide back up for the Human Resources Manager with special projects and assignments
- Provide information to staff regarding UND policies and postings
- Post absences via the department leave calendar
- Assist with creating and updating position descriptions
- Assist in maintaining filing to include purging personnel, position and other files according to retention schedules.
- Organize and maintain HR electronic drive
- Assist HR Manager with development of departmental policies and procedures
- Assist with Facilities events to include Retirement receptions, Facilities Awards day, Facilities Picnic, etc.
- Act as back up phone coordinator, duties to include:
- Act as a liaison between TeleComm and Facilities for Office phones
- Act as a liaison between Verizon Wireless and Facilities for Cell phones
- Oversee all office and cell phones for departments within Facilities Management
- Review cell phone bills and report to administrators unusual usage
- Assign/deactivate cell phones and office phones upon hires/terminations
- Regularly update cellphone and office phone lists to send out to all Facilities Management
- Order and maintain supplies for phones to include cases, cords, etc.
- Trouble shoot issues on cellphones and office phones to find the most cost effective and quickest resolve
- Act as a liaison to UIT, duties to include:
- Act as a liaison between Facilities Management and AS Technology
- Submit tickets and work with AS Tech for all technology needs for Facilities Management
- Process all account request and removals for new hires and terminations
- Submit all purchase requests for new devices and software for all Facilities Management staff
- Train staff on computers and devices
- This position will use their experience with standard office equipment such as, personal computer, multi-line telephone, fax machine, copier, and printer.
- Will use excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and will multitask with frequent interruptions.
- Will communicate effectively, both written and verbal. Must possess strong spelling, grammar, and proof reading skills.
- Will communicate professionally with the public, students, faculty, staff, and co-workers.
- This position uses professional phone and office etiquette.
- Will work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field OR 2 years directly related professional experience.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Valid Drivers License
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Two years Human Resources experience
- One year environmental safety experience
- Experience coordinating training for a diverse staff
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or FAMIS
- Experience with UND policies and procedures
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status during the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.