Prosecution Legal Assistant
Watch this video to learn more about working at Eckberg Lammers!
Law firm in Stillwater seeking a full time legal assistant to work in our fast paced prosecution department. Ideal candidate will have experience in prosecution or criminal law. Strong computer skills preferred. Responsible for assisting our team of prosecution attorneys in the firm in performing clerical and administrative duties.
Salary based on experience.
- support attorneys in a legal setting
- draft correspondence and legal papers such as summonses, complaints, motions, responses, and subpoenas under the supervision of an attorney
- draft documents for submission to the courts
- submit documents via e-file system to the court
- coordinate discovery disclosures and receipt of discovery notices
- manage court appearance coverage for attorney’s, including jury trials, pre-trials, arraignments, court trial/omnibus, on-call status
- file opening and entry in case management system
- ability to identify potential conflicts
- record attorney time for billing
- manage timelines for filing of briefs, memoranda etc with court
- extensive keyboarding
- maintain attorney calendar
- process incoming mail
- process outgoing mail and packages to be picked up
- electronic file organization, ongoing maintenance of all files
- prepare confidential and sensitive documents
- operate office equipment, such as photocopy machine, scanner and binding machine
- receive and relay telephone messages
- receptionist backup
- comprehensive decision making skills
- verbal and written communication with clients
- computer proficiency on the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Juris, ATO, Adobe Acrobat, and LENS. Will train on specific software as needed
Click on Apply to send your cover letter and resume to Kim at Eckberg Lammers.
About Eckberg Lammers:
Eckberg Lammers is a mid-size law firm with offices in Stillwater, MN and Hudson WI. LyleEckberg started practicing law 70 years ago and was the founding partner of our firm. We focusin three sectors of law: Individual, business and Municipal. We work throughout the states ofMinnesota and Wisconsin with our primary focus on the twin cities metro and western Wisconsin. We are proud to be a large part of our community with active participation by our attorneys and staff in several organizations.
Eckberg Lammers is an Equal OpportunityEmployer.
Apply for Prosecution Legal Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly