Assistant Director Real Estate and Space
Hiring Department: Planning Design Construction, Facilities Management
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $65,000/Annual, Full-time, Benefited, Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; occasional work outside of regular hours.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Qualified internal candidates will receive first consideration.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The Assistant Director of Real Estate and Space Utilization reports to the Director of Planning and Design, collaborating with departments and colleges as it relates to space, real estate and finance. This position is responsible for the management of the University of North Dakota’s properties and real estate. They will provide oversight of all external leases, manage on campus space through a direct report and oversee space databases.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Management of Space Inventory and External Leases
- Manage all University real estate
- Update and manage all external lease agreements
- Foster positive relationships with university stakeholders responsible for space inventory management to ensure changes to facilities data are captured and recorded accurate and timely
- Will act as co-chair on UND’s Space Management Committee
- Develop policies and procedures to provide framework in regards to allocating space, plan for future space needs and managing university space effectively and efficiently
Analyze, Manipulate and Disseminate Data
- Review and analyze data as it relates to space and properties
- Will create reports at different frequencies for multiple audiences within the campus community as well as externally relating to space usage and utilization
- Ensure timely and accurate distribution to operating units for budget planning through MIRA
- Management of facilities record documents for use in ongoing departmental planning, operations, and maintenance
- Responsible for compiling and submitting biennial space utilization updates as required by SBHE/NDUS
Space Database Management
- Directly responsible for the management of the database system for tracking all university owned and leased space to include both the room inventory database and building floor plans
- Will utilize FAMIS, FAMIS CAD
- Will act as a NDUS FAMIS team leader and will train users on space system
Supervision and Office Management
- Supervise space information manager
- Act as the Office Manager for Planning Design Construction Department
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships and the demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of university leadership, staff and faculty
- Effective communication skills; both written and oral
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field OR 4 years of directly related experience
- 3-5 years related experience; managing external lease agreements, property management, space governance and planning
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience working in University setting
- Experience working with North Dakota Century Code regulations in relation to public buildings
- Experience working with perceptive content
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status during the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.