Lead Instructor/Flight Manager
Hiring Department: UND Aerospace - Flight Operations
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $44,000+/year, fulltime, benefitted, exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
We are currently recruiting for 2 vacant positions.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Lead, supervise, and manage a group of flight instructors and their assigned students. Evaluate the performance of those flight instructors.
- Assist the Chief Flight Instructor in safely conducting the FAA approved flight training programs of the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences.
- Conduct student flight instruction and stage checks in the various aircraft utilized by UND Flight Operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Instructor. Will supervise Flight Operations during scheduled times as a Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Will fly approximately 550 contact hours.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound training and safety decisions.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent flight experience.
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating.
- Certified Flight Instructor - Airplane with Instrument Rating.
- Class III Medical.
- Excellent experience with FAR's and Part 141 Pilot School operations.
- Successful completion of Criminal History Records Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Multi-engine Instructor Rating
- Instrument Instructor Rating
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.