Hiring Department: UND Aerospace - Aerospace Network
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $45,000+/year , fulltime, benefited, non-exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
Qualified internal candidates will receive first consideration.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
The Programmer/User Interface position will provide programming, technical assistance, and user interface design for the development of Aerospace’s Aviation Information Management System (AIMS). Position reports to AIMS Lead Software Developer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- User interface development
- Assist with user Interface design of web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Help to create attractive, user-centered designs by considering user feedback, usability, work flow, and current best practices in graphical interface design.
- Use various tools to create graphical interfaces.
- Participate in user testing and design -analyze user experience problems and create design solutions.
- Build Interactive Prototypes for the application.
- Stay abreast of UI trends, as well as industry standards, looking for creative ideas.
- Computer Programming
- Work as part of a team on back-end programming of various AIMS functions
- Coordinate and communicate with other team members.Provide timely, engaged participation in team efforts.
- Professional Development
- Stay abreast of changes in field.
- Inform other team members when finding items of interest which may benefit the organization or software.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in the software development tools in use.
- Project Tracking
- Maintain work records and track project time accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Experience with user interface for desktop, web, or mobile applications.
- A portfolio of work must be provided at or before an interview.
- Successful completion of a Criminal History Records Check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Software documentation experience.
- 2+ years’ practical experience in programming
- Familiarity with AIMS.
- Database programming experience
- Familiarity with Aerospace.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.