Office Support Assistant
The Dakota County Community Development Agency (CDA) is seeking candidates to fill a Office Support Assistant position in our Housing Assistance Department. This position is 30 hours per week (with the possibility to move to 40 hours in the future,) benefits eligible, and is located at our office in Eagan, MN.
Perform administrative and support duties for the Housing Assistance department; utilize computer to prepare correspondence and file documents. Assist with the administration of the Housing Choice Voucher waiting list by answering applicant questions, entering applicant information in databases, and providing program information as necessary. Perform Housing Assistance receptionist duties and act in a backup capacity for other agency support personnel.
Examples of Duties
Perform day-to-day administrative tasks for the Housing Assistance Department
• Use office equipment to complete/prepare copies for files and mailings; create forms, form letters and documents in standard office software and specialized housing software systems; copy and compile program information and documents for client packets.
• Scan and index file documents and correspondence in electronic document management system.
• Mail third-party verifications; access available websites for information.
• Assist with Housing Quality Standards inspection operations and process; create and maintain monthly inspection logs, sort and distribute inspection forms, generate and mail form letters, update inspections database and housing software with current inspection data.
• Assist Housing Information Specialist with Rent Reasonableness requests for CDA owned properties; upload information into system.
• Generate portability billing/payments to housing agencies for ongoing Housing Choice Voucher participants; access software to compile billing documents, prepare billing correspondence and send via email; assist with record keeping of participants who port out/in.
• Work with Housing Specialists to coordinate and schedule informal hearings with hearing officers; process hearing decision paperwork and review and submit invoices for payment.
• Assist New Admissions Housing Specialist with applicant eligibility reports in HUD systems.
• Process terminated applicant participant files; enter data into spreadsheets and close out file in department system.
• Use office systems to track and complete assigned work and maintain records.
• Assist with annual and periodic organizing and purging of department files.
• Assist with special projects and complete other duties, as assigned.
Assist with the Administration of the Housing Choice Voucher waiting list
• Provide general information on the Housing Choice Voucher waiting list; answer applicant questions and status inquiries.
• Complete data entry; enter new applicants and applicant changes and updates to applicant records; prepare and mail letters.
• Maintain temporary applicant waiting list files.
Perform Department and Agency receptionist duties
• Act as receptionist for the Housing Assistance department and back-up Agency receptionist when needed; answer telephones, direct visitors, handle inquiries or complaints, supply general information, screen and refer more complex inquiries and complaints to appropriate personnel and process incoming and outgoing mail.
Minimum required: One year related education and/or experience.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and general office equipment.
Knowledge of office functions, policies and procedures; knowledge of Agency purpose, programs and functions.
Knowledge of English language, grammar and punctuation. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner when dealing with the public and agency employees.
Ability to work with a varied client base including special populations/clients with special needs and communication barriers.
Ability to work both independently and to collaborate with team members; ability to work under pressure and with interruptions.
Ability to work independently, on several tasks at one time, to set and meet deadlines. Ability to be flexible.
Ability to maintain privacy and client data confidentiality.
This position reports to the Program Manager.