Home Care - RN - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
This position is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with rotating call, weekends, and holidays.
- Administer skilled nursing care to clients requiring professional nursing service. Teaches and supervises the family and other members of the nursing team. These services are performed in accordance with the physician's orders and under the direction and supervision of the Director of Home Care.
- Performs duties in any nursing capacity as needed.
- Has frequent contact with clients, family, other staff, client’s physician, and various members of the medical community.
- Provide direct orientation and supervision of home health aides in clients’ homes.
- Conducts the admission and discharge of the client to the Agency - Obtaining a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition, from the client and/or family member(s). Conducting a physical examination of the client, including vital signs, physical assessment, mental status, appetite and type of diet, etc. Evaluating the client, family member(s)/caregivers and home situation to determine what health education will be required. Evaluating the client's environment to determine what assistance will be available from family members/caregivers in caring for the client. Evaluating the client's condition and home situation to determine if other services will be required and the frequency of this service. Interpreting nursing and other services of the Agency to clients and families as a part of planning for care. Preparing OASIS documents, if indicated, and such other paperwork as may be required as well as implementing the nursing care plan. Perform admissions, recertification, resumptions of care, and discharge OASIS documentation. Provide case management for all clients on caseload.
- Provides Skilled Nursing Care - Nursing services, treatments and preventative procedures requiring substantial specialized skill and ordered by the physician. Initiating preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the client's care and safety. Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to treatments, including drugs, and changes in the client's physical or emotional condition. Educating, supervising and counseling the client and caregivers regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the client at home. Communicates orders to physicians through phone and/or fax. Completes the physician plan of care/485 as required. Updates client’s plan of care according to the clients’ individual needs.
- Responsible for evaluating the care given by the home health aide to clients – Supervise, orient, and evaluate home health aide care and duties per regulations. Create and update home health aides’ plans of care for clients. Participate in periodic meetings with the Director of Home Care regarding the home health aide's performance. Report any concerns regarding home health aide’s performance to Director of Home Care.
- Evaluation and Documentation of Client Cares - Document services rendered to the client, changes observed in the client's condition and/or caregiver and home situation, makes revisions in the nursing plan of care as needed, records supervisory visits conducted with the home health aide, evaluates client care and progress, prepares documentation required for continuing care and discharging services. Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing service to the individual and caregivers. Consults with the attending physician concerning alteration of the plan of care in consultation with the Director of Home Care. Participate in care conferences when needed. Discuss with the Director of Home Care problems concerning the clients and how they may best be handled. Discuss with the Director of Home Care the need for involvement of other members of the health team such as the home health aide, physical therapist, speech therapist, occupational therapist, social worker, etc. Cooperate with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Client Records and Billing - Provide accurate and timely documentation of services rendered utilizing specific home care software. Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of all payer sources. Complete and/or check accuracy of completion and timely submission of billing information and appropriately account for all services rendered. Keep schedule on EMR as accurate and up to date as possible.
- Communication - Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills for purpose of work tasks and client care. Able to clearly communicate with clients, families, staff and others to meet job requirements. Modify and adjust communications as needed to reach common understanding. Must have available and know how to use a cellular phone.
- Follow-up Programs - Professionally connect with physicians, outside vendors and other healthcare professionals of services when appropriate to ensure continuum of care.
- Leadership and Organizational Skills - Show exemplary qualities in attitude, effort and work performance. Work within parameters of budget and resources available. Evaluate outcomes of nursing interventions. Complete additional duties, projects, in-services, promotional events and program development as assigned by Director of Home Care.
- Professional Growth - Maintain professional and clinical knowledge by attending facility in-services and workshops/training on topics that provide depth to Ethos programming and professional development. Share and collaborate on knowledge acquired with team members for patient success. Demonstrate use of evidenced-based practice. Participate in clinical education opportunities for students of the profession.
- Safety - Follow safety procedures for work environment and promote client safety while performing direct care.
- Other Duties as Assigned - Assist with special projects as assigned by the Director of Home Care. This includes providing coverage for contracted services as needed, including correctional health and assisted living/foster homes. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must complete and pass a state required background study.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Minnesota and North Dakota.
- Current BLS certification.
- Must have a car with required insurance coverage and a state driver's license to travel to clients’ residences.
- Must have adequate computer skills.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, clients and visitors.
Director of Home Care