Maintenance Worker (part-time, seasonal, non-benefited)
9000 PT Employment/PT Employment (Non-Benefited)
Bismarck, North Dakota
Bismarck State College - website
Maintenance Worker (Part-time, Temporary - Spring/Summer), #00012320
OPENING DATE: 04/18/2019
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
STARTING DATE: TO BE DETERMINED
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This is a part-time, temporary/non-benefited position through the spring/ summer seasons.
Hours may vary day-to-day, generally between 6:00 am - 2:30 pm with 19 - 40 hours per week during the seasons.
Responsible for maintaining the general care and upkeep of the campus grounds.
- Perform tasks of mowing grass, tree trimming, fertilizing, weed eating, landscaping, underground sprinkler repair, etc.
- Plant, fertilize, spray, water, prune, seed, propagate, and cultivate grasses, flowers, bushes, trees, and other plants and shrubbery.
- Assist with building maintenance in moving furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Work may include exposure to hazards, which could result in physical injury. Extreme temperature in winter or summer and heavy lifting.
- Must observe established safety practices and procedures in working with chemicals, materials, and equipment.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Valid Class D driver's license.
- Knowledge of outside maintenance tasks such as grounds keeping, mowing, weed removal, basic landscaping, etc.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Working knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, and materials used in general grounds maintenance.
- Ability to perform semiskilled and skilled maintenance work on grounds equipment.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page and complete the online application. Paper applications will not be accepted.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.