PT Parks (Gate)
City of Brainerd Recruitment Video
- Assists with the opening/closing and locking/unlocking of parks and city-owned facilities as needed.
- Reports suspicious activity and/or persons, graffiti or vandalism and other maintenance issues to appropriate city staff, supervisor and/or law enforcement.
- Assists in setting up and taking down or preparing facilities for program or event use.
- Monitors park/city buildings and grounds to maintain a clean and safe environment during events and rentals, responds to concerns by groups or customers.
- Cleans restrooms and other facilities
- Performs other Parks Department related duties as required or assigned.
Assist with the access of various City parks and related recreational facilities.
Works under the general supervision of the Parks Superintendent. Essential Duties & Responsibilities Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Previous work experience, preferably related to park facilities.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to examine and inspect facilities and assess safety, security or need for maintenance.
- Knowledge and ability to determine if and/or when a situation or maintenance issue requires assistance from city staff or whether it requires immediate attention from law enforcement.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability.
- Ability to learn the City's geography and location of city-owned facilities.
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to interact with the public in a professional and helpful manner.
- Ability to work safely; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to function in a team-based environment, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, law enforcement, other departments and the public; ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must possess a valid State driver's license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
- Must be able to work varied hours and days including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must demonstrate good communication and public relation skills.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Motor vehicle; various types of locks, doors and gates; mobile phone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, see, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, locks or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee usually works in outside weather conditions. The employee works in high, precarious places and near moving mechanical parts; and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
Formal application, rating of education and experience oral interview and reference check will be conducted. Job-related testing may be required.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Click "APPLY" to apply today!