Salary/Exempt $45,000-$55,000 annually, plus a full-time benefits package
The Perham Area Community Center has a rewarding opportunity for a dedicated, hands-on, hard working maintenance director in our organization.
The Maintenance Director is primarily responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all maintenance and proficient operation of the Perham Area Community Center (PACC) facilities and grounds. Responsibilities include facility maintenance, risk management, loss prevention, utilities monitoring, and performing small- to mid-size construction and/or renovation projects to ensure the best patron experience within the facilities and grounds.
The Maintenance Director is responsible for supervision of maintenance, housekeeping, janitorial, special event staff, and related volunteers in addition to assisting with oversight of all part-time staff within the facility and grounds.
1. A minimum of five years of prior experience working in facility management, construction management, or similarly related field.
2. Working knowledge and experience with mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, pools and chemicals, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
3. Must have the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to safety and emergency situations.
1. Serve as a role model to PACC patrons and staff.. Lives the mission and vision of PACC.
2. Direct overall coordination of facility and ground maintenance with Executive Director and Facilities Committee to include planning, organizing, and scheduling of work projects.
3. Develop, implement, document, and evaluate all preventative maintenance programs
throughout the facilities and grounds.
4. Ensure the proper operation of all mechanical systems.
5. Manage routine inspection of grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine necessity of repairs and/or maintenance.
6. Oversee all work orders.
7. Complete repair work and projects in a timely manner.
8. Oversee all contractors that work within the facilities and grounds.
9. Work with outside agencies such as fire, health, building departments, etc. to ensure
compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds.
10. Recruit, hire, train, schedule, and direct assigned staff and volunteers. Review and evaluate maintenance staff performance Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
11. Place orders (online, via phone, and with sales reps) at regular intervals for needed chemicals and supplies.
12. Advise Executive Director, Facilities Committee, and Tri-Board on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
13. Utilize building surveillance system on a regular basis and as deemed necessary to ensure facility security and safety of PACC's patrons.
14. Ensure that assigned equipment and vehicles are maintained and operate in accordance with the policies and procedures of PACC.
15. Update facility plans periodically. Develop annual plan of capital projects consistent with the PACC's strategic plan and community needs.
16. Develop system to monitor critical maintenance and repair of major systems within the facilities and recommends scope and coordinates work within the approved annual budget.
17. Develop and implement a risk management program which creates a safe environment for patrons and staff and is cost effective for the PACC.
18. Research, install, and create monitoring systems to best utilize energy management systems within the facilities.
19. Ensure Safety Data Sheets are current and accessible to all staff.
20. Maintain certifications listed under Certificates and Other Requirements.
21. Adhere to all policies and procedure of PACC.
22. Ensure that large rental events in facilities operate smoothly as per vendor needs
23. Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations.
24. Regular and timely adherence to respective schedule and meetings.
25. Accept 24-hour emergency call responsibilities and/or develop contingency plans when not available for extended periods of time.
26. Deal with bodily fluids and blood-borne pathogens as circumstances might dictate.
27. This list is not necessarily inclusive of all duties and expectations of the position.
Must have the ability to perform essential maintenance to facilities and/or equipment which may involve, but is not limited to, the following activities: climbing, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching with hands and arms, twisting, lying on stomach and/or back, sitting, standing for extended periods of time, walking, shoveling/plowing/blowing snow, lifting and/or moving up to 50-75 pounds, grasping and performing repetitive motions. Must possess finger dexterity and have the ability to talk and hear, and must have visual acuity. Must be able to properly set up, climb, and stand on step ladders, scaffolding, and platforms. Must be able to work with chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in all forms. Must have the ability to read, write, proficiently operate Microsoft Office software, follow oral and written instructions in English, and have strong communication skills. Must be able to respond to critical incidents and emergency situations in a quick, efficient manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the environment can vary from quiet to very loud, depending upon the tasks being performed. The work is performed both indoors and out and may require travel from facilities to/from other locations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to various weather conditions prevalent at the time, in addition to pool chemicals and/or other chemicals, heights, enclosed spaces, insects, other bugs, pests, dust, etc.
Required Certifications and Other Requirements
1. Must pass a background check.
2. Must have good driving history and maintain a current driver's license.
3. HVAC certification preferred.
4. Certified pool operator (CPO) within 90 days of hire.
5. Computer networking troubleshooting skills to operate current building software systems and security monitoring.
6. Current CPR and First Aid certifications.