Systems Support Specialist
Primary responsibility of this position is to manage and maintain the software and applications used by Dining Services. This includes: Blackboard transaction system, CBORD (FSS, EventMaster) systems, and Adirondack (dining plans). Maintain, repair, and manage hardware including desktop PC’s, printers, servers and virtual servers and POS devices. Assist with general office duties including outstanding customer service and software support.
1. Support the mission and vision of Concordia College and demonstrate the competencies as defined for this position.
2. Computer Systems Support – 75%
• System administration for: Blackboard Transaction system, CBORD system (FSS, EventMaster, NetNutrition), Datacard ID Works system, and all future systems implemented by Dining Services.
• Install, update, backup, and maintain all software systems and test systems used by Dining Services.
• Maintain and repair all hardware devices used by Dining Services.
• Ensure all automated software scheduled tasks are running and database backups are complete.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware issues, and research user specific requests.
• Liaison/facilitator between Dining Services and campus IT departments.
• Liaison/facilitator with outside vendors to maintain IT-related equipment and software.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in the efficiency of Dining Services IT processes.
• Provide user support and training including documentation and procedures.
• Create and update documentation for Dining Services software and procedures.
• Maintain, secure and document all IT inventory.
• Research options and ideas for projects as assigned.
3. General Office Support – 25%
• Provide excellent customer service – greet & assist customers, answer phones, timely response to email.
• Assist Business Manager with payroll processing.
• Process student and staff dining plans and changes.
• Oversee ID card production and procedures.
• Oversee the dining plan sections of Adirondack/My Housing software to ensure accurate data entry and dining plan billing.
• Oversee the Cobber Cash load station(s), including regular deposits.
• Assign and maintain appropriate system and door access for Dining Services employees and student employees.
• Administrative support on projects as needed.
• Associate degree in IT related field;
• Four years experience and/or education and training equivalent with PC hardware and software support and/or business systems including LAN’s, networks and/or POS;
• Previous customer service experience;
• Experience with serial and basic electronics;
• Requires working knowledge and the ability to provide day-to-day maintenance of network servers (backups, administration, and hardware maintenance);
• Basic experience, working knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot PC software and hardware issues.
Skills and Abilities:
• Broad range of office, business and technical skills including; reading, writing, performing simple arithmetic, operating basic equipment (i.e. copier, multi-line phone system, calculator and PC), typing, checking information, administering data, generating reports, organizing and managing information/files;
• Significant knowledge of MS Office, and other off-the-shelf software;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work within a team and independently;
• Organize and prioritize tasks and projects;
• An inquisitive mind to spearhead best practices and continuous improvement of use for all software systems;
• Attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people.