Hiring Department: Center for Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Position is located in Minot, ND
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $55,000 plus/year, Full-time, Benefited, Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, basic life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, long term care insurance, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Directs the daily operations of nursing staff and related administrative duties.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and provides the activities for ensuring quality medical care to patients.
- Supports a work team environment in the following area(s): team support, individual support, self-direction, personal work characteristics
- Exhibits and promotes excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attitude.
- Attends meetings/in-services as scheduled/required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to motivate other personnel while promoting a team environment.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Must be able to work with patients and the public in a professional, confidential, and calm fashion.
- Proficiency working with electronic health records.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of EKG machine, stress test treadmill, audiogram, visual acuity, and pulmonary function test.
- Ability to direct and lead others in problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of RN licensure in the State of North Dakota.
- 2 years' experience as a registered nurse.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS or CPR) Certification.
- Experience in clinical nursing procedures/operations.
- Current Intravenous (IV) Certification or IV Certification eligible.
- Successful completion of criminal history background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- 2 years in a supervisory position.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status during the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.