Retail Sales Associate
Who We're Looking For:
Are you a great listener who loves finding solutions to help people reach their goals? Is taking no for an answer not in your vocabulary and providing options if the requested solution can't be reached your personal mantra? Do you love working one-on-one with new people to help them with their shiny new toys (our tools and equipment!)?
Are you also looking for work-life balance such as having evenings, holidays, and Sundays off; as well as great pay and benefits, along with numerous career growth opportunities? If so, do you best work with Acme Tools, a premier retailer of tools and equipment, as a Retail Sales Associate!
What You'll Take Ownership Of:
A Retail Sales Associate at Acme Tools plays a pivotal role in the success of our business by working to:
• Greet and assist all customers and potential customers in a professional and courteous manner
• Identify the customer's needs and provide them with knowledgeable assistance to ensure they select the correct tool or equipment to serve their needs
• Close and invoice the sale, and help load the products as needed
• Keep informed on all new and current products carried by Acme Tools
• Answer customer questions over the phone; providing sales quotes for future purchases; researching product and inventory
• Help customers purchasing equipment with starting procedures and breaking-in periods; and follow-up after the sale.
• Help in maintaining a clean and organized sales floor, including product displays and work areas by fronting, pricing, and stocking sales shelves.
• Participate in store events such as physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows, and special sales
• Assist in maintaining a safe and secure work environment by adhering to safety standards and reporting any suspicious activity
• Rolling with the punches when it comes to taking on new, related challenges
• Minimum of one year of previous customer service experience
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand on a hard surface for extended periods of time
Skills and Experience Preferred:
• Knowledge of tools and equipment
About Acme Tools:
Acme Tools was founded in 1948 and continues to be a family-owned operation with ten locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa. We are one of the premier retailers of tools and equipment both in-store and online, and serve contractors, woodworkers and do-it-yourselfers with a wide selection of tools and equipment from all the major manufacturers. In addition to a very competitive compensation, some of the benefits we offer include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Paid Holidays
• Flex Spending
• Generous Employee Discounts
*Employment offers are contingent on drug-screen and background check. Acme Tools is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.