Staff Accountant I
The position will be responsible for various duties supporting the Accounting function. Assist in accounts payable, related end of month and year end reporting as well as other accounting duties. This position will support the company CFO in general accounting related tasks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities but are not limited to:
- Perform Accounts Receivable customer invoicing
- Liaison with customers regarding invoices
- Preparation of invoices per specific instructions including electronic & mail delivery
- Assist with company(s) Payroll
- Serve as a back up for Payroll processing
- Assist with payroll items on a bi-weekly basis
- Assist with employee inquiries
- Assist in processing of Accounts Payable;
- Timely and accurate entry of vendor invoices.
- Posting of AP vouchers into GL.
- Assist in the filing of all AP vouchers and any related accounts payable journals.
- Assist, research, and resolve invoice and payment issues vendors.
- Assist in performing Weekly Accounts Payable check runs and mailing/distributing checks.
- Assist with workwear purchases & tracking according to Company policies
- Assist with annual 1099 tax forms & ACA Year end reporting.
- Backup to requests for W-9 forms and credit applications.
- Serve as a back-up for Accounts Receivable bank deposits.
- Liaison with customers regarding invoices.
- Complete Intercompany monthly entries.
- Completes assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist with Year-End Annual review information.
- Assist CFO with various reporting items (month-end reporting, quarterly/annual sales and use tax reports, aged receivables, etc.).
- Assist with Sales & Use Tax Returns according to requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications is expected.
- Familiarity with additional software programs such as MAS 90 is valued.
- Time management a must.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid driver's license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made tenable individuals with disabilities to perform the physical demands listed below:
- Be able tsit for long periods of time.
- Good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity and visual acuity needed (use of computer equipment for long periods of time).
Education and Training:
- Associates Degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years of accounting experience.