Business Operations Coordinator
Hiring Department: Athletic Department, Business Operations
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $41,000 plus/ Benefited, Non-Exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM (Central Time) on the closing date.
Qualified internal applicants will receive first consideration.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
This position will provide core business functions for the UND Athetlics Department.
This position’s responsibilities could include, but not limited to:
- Process Accounts Payable transactions including journal vouchers, journal entries and other accounting related paperwork
- Prepare purchase requisitions and other procurement related forms
- Reallocate Purchasing Card transactions to correctly charge account, fund and project
- Audit purchasing card reports to monitor compliance against NDUS purchasing card policies
- Approve employee reimbursements
- Prepare invoices for departments and external entities
- Prepare department deposits
- Assist with maintenance of department spreadsheets and budgets
- Audit team trip reports and team credit card statements
- Process transactions in compliance with UND policies and procedures
- Retain documentation in accordance with UND Records Retention policies
- Maintain highest level of accuracy, consistency and quality control
- Other financial administrative duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including active listening and critical thinking
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet established goals and objectives
- Experience successfully contributing to and working in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Associate's degree in accounting or business related field or 2 years work experience in a financial or business support role
Proficiency with computers and use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of a criminal records background check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Experience in processing, reconciling and reporting financial transactions
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance and HRMS (Human Resources/Payroll) modules
- Experience with Perceptive Content or similar accounts payable systems
- Experience with UND policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
Note: Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.